<---- They are chasing a chicken for gumbo. I kid you not. Apparently this is a thing. Did you know this? I didn't. Excerpt: "Some degree of inebriation is permissible and even desirable,'' a permanent exhibit on Cajun Mardi Gras at the Louisiana State Museum notes soberly about the courir, which locals nickname the "chicken run.'' Greg, this is all you. I'd also suggest reading the wiki articles on Cajun and gumbo, if you guys aren't up on those things.Moving Erica's comment about the tags/one-sentence here, let's start working that out.
I like your suggestions for tags: cooking, fractions, measurements, farm, kitchen. Maybe add Cajun or gumbo or Mardi Gras as well, for the aesthetic. That said, I'm bad at tags (delicious doesn't work so well for me), so I'll leave those up to you guys.
One-sentence starter (I like the recipe idea): Chef Sackboy needs your help with gathering ingredients and preparing his delicious Cajun gumbo, but follow his recipe carefully - your miscalculations will be deadly!
miscalculations? eh? like that? Also, name of the level: Chez Sackboy..
We also need to identify our design principles for Tuesday. To start:
1) Designing a fun activity is more important to us than explicit teaching.
2) Cooking is a fun activity, and can be used to reinforce fractions skills.
3) LBP allows us to measure ingredients and chase chickens in a way that a conventional classroom does not.
No comments:
Post a Comment